I build products to ease the hurdles of location-independent businesses
As an entrepreneur, I'm convinced remote work answers numerous issues our society holds today, and its potential for changes is far from being reached.
Within this vision, companies compose the infrastructure that helps individuals reach a new level of freedom. My purpose is to empower businesses in solving the challenges that come with distributed work to cascade significant benefits to everyone:
- Aligning work according to any lifestyle.
- Helping people decide where they truly want to live.
- Increasing overall freedom and well-being.
- Distributing work to the countryside to revert rural exodus.
- Reuniting colleagues, friends, and families.
- Extending traveling opportunities.
- Enabling digital nomadism to everyone.
- Significantly reduce the cost of living and doing business.
- Enjoying more time with people you love and combat loneliness.
- Building resilience to global instability.
I notably founded Meet Crew to reunite coworkers, fight loneliness, and support digital nomadism.
I also help remote-first startups in managing software engineers
I additionally provide direction for software engineers in startups struggling with how work has to get done for the next decade:
- 7+ years of experience in managing remote-first engineering teams.
- 9+ years in software engineering leadership.
- 12+ years in full-stack software engineering.
My services are specialized for startups that desire to be decentralized —working remotely as an organization demands profound changes and new approaches to build software. The industry is changing, and I strive to help. Seize the momentum, accelerate, reach new markets, and build a fundamentally resilient organization that will last in the future of work era.
What you get by hiring me
- ☀️ Empathic leadership that strongly promotes people well-being while aligning individual goals within the company.
- 👨💻 Hire and build a team of truly distributed software engineers for a high-availability product anywhere in the world.
- 🚀 Simple and scalable organizational system for efficient and sustainable businesses.
- ✅ Build in public to decompartmentalize information and gather feedback from stakeholders as soon as possible.
- ⚡️ Fast lead time from ideas to market to deliver small iterations to customers and fast.
- ♻️ Opinionated execution that discard wastes and leave no technical debt on the road to growth.
- 🧠 Asynchronous-first collaboration that encourages deep work and cancels the impacts of context switching.
- ✍️ Documentation that writes itself to accelerate the onboarding of new hires and decompartmentalizes information.
- 📖 Bottleneck-proof system that decentralize knowledge and influence to fight turnover effects.
Why I advocate working from anywhere
I was uprooted from my support network, had trouble finding a place to call home for years, held financial ties that put my family in difficulty, and experienced several societal and economic crises. It led me to self-doubts and dilemmas. I tried to fit into the mould. I finally decided to create my own.
Many families and individuals struggle as I did. Organizations have difficulty adapting to the societal shift without adding increasing global instability and climate change to the pile.
It may sound bad, but it makes me hopeful. People can be very creative when exposed to uncertainty. Many significant civilization developments in history come from living in such a time—the changes we need to solve our challenges.
Remote work is not for everyone, as is entrepreneurship. But it saved my life by giving me the options I needed at the right time, and it can also be beneficial for you. It's time to rethink the way we work.
Let's continue the discussion on the future of work
My main communication channel is Twitter. I talk about remote work and I also publicly share my progress while building products, writing content, or any business thoughts and questions I'm asking myself; following the #buildinpublic movement.
Core systems of how companies run are rotten, and why I pivot
The world is crumbling under exponential complexity, diverting and consuming people's attention for the worse and generating tons of process waste. A story on why I pivot my b... Continue reading
Why I advocate working from anywhere
The story of how I came to advocate remote work and swore to solve its challenges as an entrepreneur through the prism of my recent family history and origins. Continue reading
Introduction letter to my team at Zendesk
A very honest attempt to be more transparent about me to quickly build trust with my team at Zendesk. Continue reading
Who I am: a thought on personal growth
I always been attracted by the concept of personal growth: getting to know yourself and working on it to reach your full potential. Continue reading
Ship work in a sane way on six-week cycles
A straightforward product development approach builds around six-week cycles separated by two-week cool-down periods, inspired by Basecamp techniques. Continue reading
Manifesto for the future of work
The future of work will deeply change how we articulate work with life and reevaluate what matters for us. This manifesto contains Nicolas Cava's vision of what it means for e... Continue reading
The startup ecosystem of only valuable outputs
One of the greatest force of a startup studio is the powerful intellectual property (IP) that it owns, which unlock startup scalability potential, engineer and customer high-q... Continue reading
Your application deserves a performance budget
Performances should be everyone's concern, from strategists to software developers. It's not a must-have; it's a feature. Often the most critical feature of your web app. Continue reading